Tuesday 13 December 2016

7 RAR's Last Op


5 Platoon briefing on the morning of the day we hit bunkers (April 23rd). Pic courtesy AWM.





























I'm posting this video, gentle reader, because it's one of the few I've seen which actually shows pretty accurately the business of patrolling in my old unit all those years ago.

As it happens, when this was recorded I was already home as my tour finished on December 10th 1970. This was happening in February 1971. By then I was back teaching after the two year hiatus caused by National Service (more accurately "Conscription").

This was Delta Company led by Major Andy Mattay of Bondi. The lift was by RAAF helicopters and APC's  of 3 Cav also feature.

No comments:

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...