Sunday 22 September 2013

Blogging the Ghan

Taken with my iPhone. I have no idea who that is....

Today we (my bride & I) head north from Adelaide, destination Darwin, on the Ghan.

I'll have a go at blogging the journey, but to a large extent, this will be governed by the Telstra network as we head up the line.

The trip takes about 48 hours, so there will be plenty of time to post. It's probably about the most relaxing way to cover the ground, with very little organisation required.

The train is a long one (the season is at it's height), so there will be a long walk to dinner. 

It's interesting to compare Great Southern Rail's staff culture with that off the major airlines. On the whole they're more friendly, perhaps a bit less polished, and they seem to enjoy what they do.

They are certainly more laid back than your average airline steward, and the journey should be better for that.

We've just cleared Parafield, and will be a long time before we swing north to begin to head inland.

That's OK.

There's no hurry......

No comments:

Taken for Granted

Pic courtesy Leader Today Yesterday I went to the state school down the road, and voted in the local government elections, something I'v...